- Despite Leak Of TPP Text, Obama Officials Say Trade Deal Will Not Let Companies Overturn US Laws March 26, 2015Less than three weeks after a classified draft of its proposed 12-nation trade pact included provisions that critics say empower foreign companies to overturn domestic regulations, the Obama administration explicitly declared that the deal would not permit such actions.
- Despite Leak Of TPP Text, Obama Officials Say Trade Deal Will Not Let Companies Overturn US Laws March 26, 2015
- The SEC Illustrates the Danger of Regulatory Capture for 03/27/2015 March 27, 2015The phrase "regulatory capture" shrouds a serious problem in vaguely academic jargon, making it seem like unimportant esoterica rather than anything noteworthy. But the phenomenon that the euphemism represents is, indeed, significant: When a government agency is effectively captured by — and subservient to — the industry that agency is supposed to
- The SEC Illustrates the Danger of Regulatory Capture for 03/27/2015 March 27, 2015
Sirota's Twitter Feed
- BREAKING: @GovChristie aides admit they hid massive pension payments to Wall St firms http://t.co/50LY7pHQbm about 11 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @yvessmith: NJ government omitted hundreds of millions in pension fund fees to Wall Street from official financial reports http://t.co/x… about 22 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @petersgoodman: Christie admin react to heat over fees paid to Wall St firms managing pension money: disown own numbers @davidsirota htt… about 46 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client